Tuesday, September 8, 2015

No More Labels

I am a boy
I am 29
I am half Jain
I am half Gujarati
I am half Bengali
I am a graduate
I am straight
I am married
I am a manager
I am a son
I am a husband
I am a brother
I am a friend
I am a colleague
I am a boss

I am reduced to a list of labels.
I am what others need.
I am how the world sees me.
I am just words, nothing to me they mean.

I may want to be many things,
I may even try some of them out,
I fall back in the same safe words,
But now its time to break out.

I will now create my own words,
Words that may seem like rubble,
They may not describe me as you see me,
But then, they are not your labels.

Stop living with others words,
Out of those labels, we must climb,
For you will see, words have power,
So choose your own, it's about time.

No comments:

Post a Comment